How To Start A Compassionate Ministry Center
Written by Cultural Expressions Magazine
Tuesday, 22 June 2010 07:53
There are several steps to becoming a Nazarene Compassionate Ministry Center.
- Read To Be or Not to Be a CMC, and 12-Steps to Starting a Compassionate Ministry Center.These two documents provide advice for formulating your ministry.
- Print the Request for CMC Application. This document must be fill out, signed by your District Supertintendent, and sent to our office via email (
), or fax (913-577-0893), or by mail (see About Us tab for address).
- Fill out the CMC Application and CMC Annual Information Form that we send you.
- When we have those two documents, we'll seek final 10% approval for your ministry center from the district.
Benefits of Becoming a Nonprofit
- Shields the church from liability.
- Greater potential for the wider community to become involved.
- Greater access to government, foundation, and donor monies.
Benefits of Registering as a CMC
- Invites greater funding participation from Nazarene churches as a 10% Mission Special.
- Eligibility for grants available through NCM USA/Canada.
- Access to events and opportunities created for CMCs.
Starting a Compassionate Ministry Center
12-Steps to Starting a Compassionate Ministry Center
To Be or Not To Be a CMC
NCM USA/Canada office documents
Request for CMC Application
Why and How to Become Involved in Compassionate Ministry
Making Christlike Disciples Through Compassion
Moving from Charity to Community Development
Reaching Your Community at Their Point of Need
Missio Dei Study Guide
A Vision for Compassionate Ministries